I had the day off and used some of it to go explore Cypress Gardens. It is such a beautiful park with a swamp, forest, butterfly pavilion, and aquarium. I heard so many birds but had a hard time spotting them all. Again, the whole needing some glasses thing. Fortunately my camera caught a couple of neat things. Nothing to unusual but none the less still some good shots. Here are a few of the birds I saw...to see more pictures of my visit to Cypress Gardens take a look at my other blog!
Female Cardinal
Yellow Rumped Warbler
Tufted Titmouse
Red Bellied Woodpecker
Vulture (turkey vulture)
What I believe to be a Hermit Thrush...Anybody??
White Throated Sparrow
Downy Woodpecker
Inside of the butterfly pavilion they had a stunningly beautiful male wood duck and a naturally beautiful painted bunting.
Male Wood Duck
Male Painted Bunting
We get painted bunting in Charleston during the summer time. When people first see them they often think that someones pet got loose. Truth is they can be quite common around here and are not domestic birds at all. They usually get to Charleston around May and stay till September or so. They are so pretty and people that get them coming to their feeders should consider themseleves very lucky!

No comments:
Post a Comment